You can read about the development notes for this update on the official Krita website here.
This is a major new feature release which includes the following highlights:
- Even more operations can handle multiple selected layers.
- Improved support for the WebP, Photoshop layered TIFF and Photoshop files, and there’s new support for the JPEG-XL file format.
- Now using XSIMD instead of VC, improving painting performance, especially on Android where vectorization now is used for the first time.
- The fill tools have been extended with continuous fill and a new Enclose and fill tool.
- For Windows, we’re using a newer version of Angle to improve compatibility with video drivers and improve performance.
- You can now configure touch controls in canvas input settings, like “Tap to Undo”.
Krita is an open source digital drawing and painting software which is available for free from their website. Make sure you only download it from the official Krita website. It is also available on Microsoft store, Steam and the Epic Store, all the links can be found on the official Krita download page.